Tuesday, April 7, 2009

News on Upcoming Set Your Goals LP

So, big news ... for me anyway. Three years after the California six-piece's first full length, Mutiny!, Set Your Goals has completed their follow-up LP and plan on releasing it on July 21. So what if I found out like a month after the band officially released this information, I've been waiting for this shit to drop since I first got into SYG! According to vocalist Matt Wilson, " ... this record is 10x the record Mutiny! was in every way and we think you'll all agree." That's a pretty hefty promise considering how fucking good Mutiny! was but I really can't say I doubt it for a second. Wilson went on to tell fans that this yet-to-be-named album will be "faster, less goofy, more complex musically and lyrically." The album will be released with the help of Epitaph Records (screw you, Eulogy). Right now, you can catch the guys as they tour with New Found Glory, Bayside, and Shai Hulud ... still hoping to make the Boston show on April 30th.

No comments:

Post a Comment